Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shock and awe-ful!

My source for US sports is primarily the US Army network which carries the NFL, NHL and MLB games live or delayed. This evening it's been nonstop coverage about the child abuse allegations against former Coach Sandusky, charges that appear to be well-documented, the cover-up reaching the upper levels of the University and the fate of JoPa. I admit to having been a life-long "anti-fan" of the Nittany Lions, primarily due to my long-suffering and largely futile loyalty to Pitt football though their greatest fan was almost without challenge my mother Margaret who sobbed blue and gold...

In any case it is so strange to see this sad and sordid tale played out in excruciating detail half the globe away... In spite of my deep-seated loyalties for the Panthers, one cannot fail to acknowledge that this will be an awful ending to one of the greatest coaching careers in football. Yes, we don't want judgment to outpace proven facts; yet it looks bad for all directly involved... so I offer my sympathies to PennState nation and especially our good friends and next door neighbors who are world class PSU fans and boosters.

Some further evidence that the world is a bit off-kilter: it rained last evening, a light drizzle admittedly but decidedly wet and tomorrow's projected high is a chilly 73 F. So why didn't I pack my LL Bean parka?

No comments:

Post a Comment